June 29, 2009

How to Wire A House


I will not presume to know how to wire a house and will leave it to the experts. But I am happy with the progress of the electrical wiring in my house and would like to share the pictures here.
I just found out that payment for an electrician is on a per "hole" basis. Since we wanted 6 in all, payment is at P400 each, excluding the service entrance and the circuit breaker, labor will be around P3,000 on this. The materials costs a lot more, especially the circuit breaker and the electrical wires. I wouldn't think of scrimping on it though, knowing that its for my family's safety and my peace of mind.However, for minor wiring needs, you may check out this Do-it-yourself guide on how to wire a house here.

I am just happy that it is starting to look like a house already. And I texted the Meralco guy that we have constructed the service entrance already and if he could inspect it anytime, but he didn't reply. Oh well, after 3 months of waiting, I guess I could wait one more week!

Oh, and please ignore the walls. I will be doing something about it next time, budget permitting!

2 comments:

  1. hehehehe. gusto ko din maging expert mag wiring ng bahay. kasi nagbebenta kami ng electrical supplies. kababae kong tao iyan ang pinagkakaabalahan ko. hahaha!

    love,
    nobe

    www.deariago.com
    www.iamnobe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. takot ako e sa sunog so di bale na magbayad ng mahal, basta sigurado. at gusto ko din matuto magkutingting, kaso puro utos lang ako e :-)

    ReplyDelete