November 3, 2009

Insurance Claim Status

Remember that I filed an insurance claim for the devastation that typhoon Ondoy brought to my house? Well, it has been 2 and a half weeks since I went to the Pag-Ibig office in Makati to file it. I followed up last week and was told that my application was among the first batch of the insurance claims filed with the adjuster.They said that I should call again this week and get the number of the adjuster so that I can call them as well to follow up. In the meantime, I was told that I can already proceed with the repair of the house and the photos are already sufficient. I was also advised to just keep all receipts of materials that I will buy for the repair. The insurance claim may take 90 days, I was also told.

Well, this is a first time for me so I want to ask all of you if this is really how an insurance claim process or procedure is. I really don't want to do any repair until an adjuster has seen the house. Just to be on the safe side. I would appreciate any advise you can give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment