March 16, 2011

My House is Right Smack in the Valley Fault Line!

I am not an alarmist.I cant read maps to save my life. So I dearly hope I am wrong and that the area where my Montalban house is (which is somewhere in the purple encircled portion) within the safe area of the Valley Fault System. My house is in San Jose or Burgos ,Montalban, Rizal. The map is from the Philvocs website because I saw the Director on TV telling us that we can check if our house is in the danger zone should a major earthquake happen in the country.Am I wrong or am I wrong? I pray that I am wrong. I admit that I didn't do my homework and I didnt check if the house that I was buying was near these active faults. So I will just pray that I am wrong! With everything that is happening in Japan, I wish this wont happen in the country soon.


1 comment:

  1. It is still fortunate that your house is just in between two active faults...Compared to those properties right above the valley fault line, your house is still around 2-3 kilometers away from the fault line and only assurance that you will be safe is to ensure that your house is strong enough to withstand the strong earthquake.

    I am with you in prayers.

    ReplyDelete