September 30, 2011

Typhoon Pedring: Ondoy Redux

This could have been my home and I am lucky that this time around, our place was spared. The picture above was taken at a home in San Mateo, Rizal which was very near our place in Montalban. My neighbors were already at the evacuation center at around 2 pm on Wednesday when I was texting them how they were at the height of Typhoon Pedring's fury. I texted them again in the evening but they only replied in the morning of the following day to say that they were already back at their house and that the water thankful didn't reach inside our homes. While I was able to breathe a sigh of relief, I was thinking when will it happen again. I guess you can say that our resolve to move again to our dream home has once again dimmed. Unlike residents in Provident Village whose homes were once again submerged in water, only Ondoy was able to destroy our home so far but the dreadful sense of loss and helplessness remains. I don't know if we will feel safe again in this home whenever there is a typhoon so I don't know what will happen in the future. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment