July 25, 2012

No More Flood Please!

Every year, as soon as the rainy season starts, I feel apprehensive about floods and any news about them.  If you have been a long time reader of this blog, you would remember that this dream house felt the wrath of Typhoon Ondoy some 3 years ago.  In October 2009, our house was flooded up to the ceiling, and the mud that was left after was ankle deep.  We spent a lot of money cleaning up and fixing the place.  We got some insurance money and took out another loan from the bank to make our house look this way.  So every time I hear some news about the water levels on rivers and dams getting higher than normal, I am worried.  We have new floors, new dining table and chairs and new appliances at our weekend house and I dont want them to get flooded again!  While I really would love to change our flooring after looking at northportflooring-america.com/ , I would rather that it is because I want to change them and not because they were flooded!  We are hoping to save more money to build the second floor of this dream house but since our priority at this time is the college fund for our eldest son, the dream is now on hold.  So I am just praying for no more continuous rains which mean no more flood!  And I think that is the prayer of every one else during this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment