August 9, 2012

How To Claim Insurance from Pag Ibig Fund

This is a re-post from my 2009 post when I filed for insurance claim for my house in Montalban during Typhoon Ondoy.

 How to Claim Insurance from Pag-Ibig for Typhoon Ondoy
I heard this first on TV and from the news, I saw this part of an article:

Insurance claim Members whose houses are currently mortgaged with Pag-IBIG may also file for non-life insurance claim covering the difference of the estimated cost of repairs and the proceeds from the non-life insurance claim, provided it does not exceed P150,000. Like its regular housing loan program, the pieces of property should be covered by appropriate titles issued by the Register of Deeds “free from all liens and encumbrances” and should be in the name of the borrower. Members can avail of the rehabilitation loan within 60 days starting October 5, 2009. For any inquiry on the new program, they can visit any Pag-IBIG branch or call the Pag-IBIG hotline at 724-4244.

 Of course, I had to find out if I qualify for an insurance claim. I have been paying for this housing loan for 5 years now and have even qualified for their good payor program. My only problem would be on the title since it is still on process until now. I called the hotline and was told to submit the following documents at the Pag-Ibig office at the Atrium Building in Makati, Room 314:
1. Barangay clearance or certification
2. Pictures of the damaged property (at least 12 pictures)
3. Bill of materials From my developer, aside from the above, I was told to get these forms from them and submit to Pag-Ibig also:
4. Insurance application form
 5. Sworn Statement-notarized
6. Architect Estimate I think the architect estimate will include the Bill of materials as well.

I will secure these documents within the week and submit to Pag-Ibig as soon as possible. If I can claim some form of insurance, it will be a big help at this time. Pag-Ibig office is open from 8am-5pm, from Mondays to Saturdays.

Note: I was able to get my insurance claim 5 months after I filed it in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment