March 18, 2013

Financial Freedom

My eldest son is off to college in a year, and this year, I promised myself that I will start a college fund for him.  I know that I should have started this a long time ago, but it is only this year that we are able to breathe a little easy from all our loans and expenses.  I really want to have financial freedom, to have a little more money than I need, so that I have more when I need it.  One way to do this is for me to put some money away for investment.  I am learning to invest in the stock market and while I am not yet an expert, I know that I can do this with a little more research.  You can click here if you want to learn too. Following one of the books that I have read recently, I list down all of my expenses to check where my money is going and I realized that most of it goes to our travel expenses. Knowing this, I will try and limit my travel to 3 a year and put aside the money that I saved to my investment fund.  Now, that is a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment