April 11, 2013

Campaigns and More Campaigns: The Superman Logo

The official campaign season for the local elections have begun so it is not unusual to hear silly and ear piercing jingles all over the place.  And while we are at it, here is a campaign banner that caught my attention as it was using Superman's logo. This is for Bong Suntay who is running as councilor in our district. I just wonder if he is authorized to use that symbol.  There are such things as copyrights and trademarks and licenses and stuff.
My husband's nephew said they come in different colors too: red, green and blue.  But I only saw this one morning when I went for a run. Oh well, what do I know.  I am just a lowly citizen, asking a question and they are the politicians and they should know better. Maybe he really can use that logo or something.

Anyway, I am not sure if I will vote for him.  They send us these piles of letters, especially for my younger sister who is a first time voter, spouting their 'accomplishments.' I will set aside one day to read through them and then recycle the papers later, he he so that it will be put to better use.

No comments:

Post a Comment