October 28, 2011

Super Space Saving Sofa!

Is this for real? I need to have this. Truly need this. I just hope its for real. Because it is a real awesome space saving idea!

October 17, 2011

How to Withdraw Your Contribution from Pag-Ibig Fund

A Pag-Ibig member, or those who pay monthly contributions to the fund have the following benefits:
1. Savings
2. Short Term Loan
3. Access to housing loans

Unlike SSS where you are member for life and cannot withdraw your contributions until you turn 60 and opt for pention or lump sum payments a Pag-ibig member can opt to withdraw his contributions under the following conditions:
1. A member may withdraw his TAV or savings after 20 years of membership with the Fund and after having made a total of 240 monthly contributions.

2. A member may also withdraw his savings under any of the following valid grounds:

a. Retirement
• Early retirement at age 45
• Optional retirement at age 60
• Mandatory retirement at age 65
b. Permanent departure from the country
c. Permanent or total physical disability
d. Insanity
e. Termination from service by reason of health
f. Death of the member
g. Optional withdrawal at 10 or 15 continuous years of membership
• A member who registered under RA7742 may be allowed to withdraw his TAV
after 10 or 15 years of continuous membership.
• A member who registered under RA9679 may be allowed to withdraw his TAV
after 15 years of continuous membership.
h. Other causes as may be provided by the Board of Trustees
I am helping my ex-boss process her withdrawal of her Pag Ibig Fund savings because she is permanently leaving the country to reside abroad. But her permanent visa has not been issued yet so we will have to wait it for before we file again. I only learned that after her documents were returned to me.

For those leaving the country permanently, here are the requirements:
1. Filled up provident benefit claims form. Download here.
2.Notarized sworn declaration of intention to permanently depart from the Philippines.
3. Immigrant visa or residence visa or equivalent
4. 2 valid ids with signature and photo of claimant
5. Special power of attorney if member cannot claim personally.

It is preferable that the member file this before leaving the country so that he does not need to have the documents authenticated at the Philippine consulate of the country where he will emigrate.

October 11, 2011

Japanese House


What a cute yellow Japanese house! This is a design in the Dragon Express ride at Star City and I snapped a picture while we were on the roller coaster for kids!
Yep, the only roller coaster rides I enjoy and dare ride are those made for kids, ha ha!

October 4, 2011

Pedring: How High Was the Flood?

This is the view in front of my house after I took this picture last Sunday. On better days, this is a corn field and sometimes, there are vegetable crops. The boundary of the subdivision property is the wall on the foreground.
And from here, you can see how the flood water from the river has encroached on the field. And during Ondoy, this field was covered in water, reaching up to the ceiling of my house. During Pedring, according to my neighbor who had to go to the evacuation center in the morning, the flood water level was just two rulers short of the wall and it would have flooded us again. Thankfully, the water receded at around 6pm on Wednesday.
But my neighbor opted to stay at the evacuation center at the nearest public school for the night rather than risk being flooded at night. I dont think there is no way we can move here unless we have a second floor because I cannot leave my kids and mom at home and go to work when there is a threat of flood. So, what to do now?